How to Join
Come out to our next GBM! Check Facebook for event details.
1. Join our Facebook Group!
- Click here to join our Facebook group to receive updates.
2. Subscribe to our Mailing List
- Click here and scroll to the section: Subscribing to swe-list.
- Fill out the form and click subscribe.
3. Register Online to become a National SWE Member
- Click here and complete form. New collegiate membership is $20/yr.
- Apply for the C2C (Collegiate to Career) membership on the same website provided above. This program is $50 and covers you until you graduate college (includes graduate school) and your first year into career.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your registration. (Please attach a copy of your receipt.)
- To learn more about our membership options, please click here.
Membership Options FAQ
Q: Can I still attend events if I am not a member?
A: Yes, you are welcome to join all events! Becoming a national member is optional, and being a member of UCSD SWE is completely free!.
Q: What types of membership options do I have?
A: There are three types of membership options available: Collegiate to Career, Collegiate, and Joint memberships.
- C2C (Collegiate to Career): For a one-time $50 payment, collegiate members can secure a SWE membership for their collegiate years through the first year they qualify for professional grade membership. C2C is beneficial to students with two or more years of schooling left or those pursuing an advanced degree. Renewal is required each year, at no charge, to confirm continued SWE Membership. Take advantage of this program to maximize your savings on membership dues. For more information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Collegiate: SWE Membership is available for $20 to college students majoring in engineering and must be renewed annually to obtain membership benefits.
- Joint: Take advantage of a reduced joint membership rate when you join both SWE and one of these three professional organizations: The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES), the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE). (Only available April 15 - December 31)
Q: Why should I become a member?
A: SWE National Membership comes with many benefits, including eligibility for scholarships and discounted prices to Kaplan prepraration courses. To see a full list of benefits, click here.
Q: Can I still join SWE if I am male?
A: Yes! SWE is open to everyone! Feel free to come out to our events.